Very Important Cookies
Beer and sweets often make great companions, working together and complimenting each other as they interact with your palate. This soft-batch cookie recipe features a healthy dose of Hop Valley’s Vanilla Infused Porter (VIP), giving the final treats some wonderful notes of vanilla, light cocoa and just a touch of toasty flavor.
Some sweet creations to share with your sweetheart just in time for Valentine’s Day, mix up a batch of these delectable desserts and pour a couple of glasses of Hop Valley VIP as you celebrate great companions.
Thanks to the Beeroness for the inspiration! Click here for the original recipe.
- ¾ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Hop Valley VIP beer
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
Utensils needed: mixing bowls, hand or stand-up mixer, cookie sheet, parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and brown sugar. Using a stand-up or hand mixer, mix on “high” until well combined.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla, mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add the Hop Valley VIP beer and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Form balls of dough slightly smaller than a golf ball and place onto a cookie sheet that’s been covered with parchment paper.
- Place the cookies in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to prevent them from spreading too much during baking.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes per batch. Once baked, pull the parchment paper off the cookie sheet to rest on the counter or a cooling rack, allowing the cookies to cool to room temperature.
- Pour a Hop Valley VIP and enjoy!