BUFFALO CHICKEN BEER CHEESE DIP: FIRST COURSE CROWD-PLEASER
The changing leaves, chilly air and football-saturated weekends mean one thing: comfort food season is here!
We’re always on the lookout at Hop Valley for recipes that complement and show off our amazing craft creations and this one from The Beeroness hits all the marks for the perfect autumn appetizer. Warm, creamy cheese? Definitely. Some Frank’s Red Hot sauce for a spicy kick? Without a doubt. Some juicy chicken and some tangy Hop Valley Citrus Mistress IPA? You know it.
Whether you need a speedy starter to bring to your next tailgater, a tasty appetizer for hosting the big game or something deliciously different to take to the in-laws this year, this Buffalo Chicken Beer Cheese Dip is sure to be a crowd-pleasing hit.
Buffalo Chicken Beer Cheese Dip (Serves 4-6)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 8oz sour cream
- 16oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, plus 1/2 cup mozzarella for topping
- 1/3 cup Frank’s “Red Hot” sauce
- 2/3 cup Hop Valley Citrus Mistress IPA
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella, Frank’s Red Hot sauce, Citrus Mistress, garlic powder and cornstarch. Process until well combined, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into an oven-safe dish. Stir in chicken pieces, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 until warm and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with blue cheese and serve warm with chips, veggies, crackers or bread for dipping.