#HopOutside Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: #HopOutside (the “Contest”) is open only to legal U.S. residents who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry. Employees, paid guides, athletes, and influencers of Hop Valley Brewing Co. and any of their
respective parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of the foregoing, are not eligible. Employees, agents and officers of alcohol beverage retailers and
distributors and their immediate family members are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: Hop Valley Brewing Company, 990 W 1st Ave, Eugene, OR 97405. Administrator: AHM Brands, 771 Willamette Street Eugene, OR 97401.
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this
Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest begins on May 23, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”), ends on August 1, 2022, at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”), and consists ten (10) “Weekly Entry Periods” described in the chart below. The servers of
Instagram are the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
|Entry Period||Starts at 12:00 a.m. PT||Ends at 11:59 p.m. PT||Approximate Winner Notification Dates|
|Week One||May 23, 2022||May 29, 2022||May 30, 2022|
|Week Two||May 30, 2022||June 5, 2022||June 6, 2022|
|Week Three||June 6, 2022||June 12, 2022||June 13, 2022|
|Week Four||June 13, 2022||June 19, 2022||June 20, 2022|
|Week Five||June 20, 2022||June 26, 2022||June 27, 2022|
|Week Six||June 27, 2022||July 3, 2022||July 4, 2022|
|Week Seven||July 4, 2022||July 10, 2022||July 11, 2022|
|Week Eight||July 11, 2022||July 17, 2022||July 18, 2022|
|Week Nine||July 18, 2022||July 24, 2022||July 25, 2022|
|Week Ten||July 25, 2022||July 31, 2022||August 1, 2022|
- How to Enter: To participate, you will need to have an Instagram account. Creating an Instagram account is free, but is subject to the account provider’s applicable terms and conditions (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). If you enter
the Contest or post on Instagram via a mobile device using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Your account settings on Instagram must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for
your Posts or comments to Sponsor’s posts to be viewable by Sponsor.
During the Contest Period, take the following actions to enter:
(1) Take a photo featuring Hop Valley Brewing products or merchandise outdoors and
(2) post your photo on Instagram. Your Instagram Post must also include:
- (a) the hashtags #HopOutside; (b) tag @HopValleyBrewing; and (c) Hop Valley Brewing Co. product or merchandise.
Your Instagram Post will be referred to as your “Submission.”
Your Submission need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor’s products or services. By posting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below, and that Sponsor may
disqualify you if it believes that your Submission fails to conform.
- The Submission must meet the format and size requirements of the social platform used to enter;
- If the Submission should not have text overlay on image;
- The Submission must include #HopOutside and @HopValleyBrewing.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals (and be at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry) who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set
forth in Section 6. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must not contain content created by a third party, such as images or artwork;
- The Submission must not prominently feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Each Submission posted must be unique. Submissions generated by script, macro, or other automated means are void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Social Account. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized
account holder of the Social Account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address used to create the Instagram. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of
being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions, or failure to receive
Submissions due to limitation of third-party social network platforms, all of which will be void.
- Sponsor’s Use of Submissions: By posting a Submission, you represent and warrant that the Submission complies with these Official Rules and you grant to Sponsor (and its designees) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive right and
license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate the Submission into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or
later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will be asked to sign documentation for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
- Winner Determination: After each Weekly Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges, determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will select the entrant with the highest-scoring Submission (the “Potential Weekly Winner”) from among all
eligible Submissions received during the applicable Weekly Entry Period, based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Photo demonstrates the ‘HopOutside’ theme in a storytelling manner that’s refreshingly different, humorous, quirky, or otherwise creatively evocative (70%);
- Quality of Photo (30%).
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for “Quality of Photo,” as determined by the qualified judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable Weekly Prize Winner from among the tied entrants.
Sponsor reserves the right to not select a Potential Weekly Winner if it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
- Winner Requirements: On or around the Approximate Winner Notification Dates listed in the chart in Section 4, five (5) potential winners will be selected. Each potential winner will be notified by @HopValleyBrewing through Instagram and will be
directed to an online form, where each will be required to provide his/her name, mailing address, and date of birth to confirm eligibility and for prize fulfillment purposes within 3 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent in order to
claim the prize. If a potential winner of prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (as applicable), or the prize is returned as
undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her/the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Hop Valley G-20 Grizzly Cooler is $190.00. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute
a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
Limit: One (1) Weekly Prize per person. Prizes will be fulfilled 3-6 weeks after the end of each Weekly Contest Period. Five (5) prizes will be awarded each week and a total of fifty (50) prizes will be awarded in the Contest. In no event will more
prizes than stated in these Official Rules be awarded. Total ARV of all available prizes is $9,500.
- Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Instagram LLC, Administrator, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion
agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not
limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel.
- Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state or province, likeness, photo, including winner’s Social Account profile
photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without
further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as
determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion
or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an
attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not
constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or
utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the
Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the
prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in
the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer
systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized
third-party use of any Submission.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of
class action, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this
Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages,
other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or
the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules
(whether of the State of Wisconsin or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Wisconsin.
- To obtain the name of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: Hop Valley Hop Outside Contest, 950 W. 1st Ave, Eugene, OR 97405. Winner List requests must be received by December 31, 2022.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram LLC.
Confirm # of prizes per week as this language may change if there are 5 per week.