Job Summary: The Sales Analyst role is responsible for supporting the VP of Sales and Sales Team. This position will supply sales analysis to the team by market and distributor. They will manage the quarterly bonus structure and payouts for the District Sales Managers including building scorecards, tracking measures, and finalizing payouts. The Sales Analyst will also prepare weekly business updates for senior management on volume and share performance including causals related to distribution, velocity, features, displays, and pricing, as well as support 3 year, annual, trimester, and monthly planning processes with insightful analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide sales analysis for each RSM by Market and Distributor, weekly updates include sales and distribution data. Provide reports for Sales Team & Chain upon request.
- Collaborate and Manage Quarterly Bonus structure and payouts for Hop Valley DSM’s. This includes building Scorecards, tracking measures and finalizing final payouts at the end of each Qtr.
- Manage BeerMate reports and tracking of objectives, chain mandates/gaps, ADBP and Where to Hunt tools. Provide training as needed with Sales Team
- Generate updated New Item files for Major Chain, i.e. 1WorldSync for Safeway/Albertsons
- Maintain Price Files for all Distributors in the Eugene Brewery Footprint including updating price files for Distributors when there is an FOB change. Updated pricing is sent to the Distributor and then updated in OBeer to match the effective date.
- Collaboration with Hop Valley Team on New Item Planning, RSM Strategy Planning
- Quantify and communicate hazards and opportunities to the annual volume plan, and partner with leadership to determine activities to close any gaps that may exist
- Development of selling stories for distributors, retailers, and partners
- Assess impact and effectiveness of pricing strategies
- Mine data for retail sales opportunities and partner with regional sales managers to seize on opportunities
- Assessments of competitors and market expansion modeling
- Other duties as assigned by President and VP of Sales related to Sales Data
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Business Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of beer business experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Proficient with MS Office. Advanced skills in Excel (Index Match, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.), Word & PowerPoint
- Previous experience with an ERP System, Sales Force, VIP, Route Accounting Software, IRI
- Motivated and dynamic with eagerness to partner across our organization
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Hop Valley Brewing Co. is a beer brewery located in Eugene, Oregon dedicated to creating unique experiences through the passionate brewing of the finest-quality craft beers. Employee benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, 401K and a rewarding environment based upon our culture, values and mission.
Hop Valley Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Comp Card
- Eligible for Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays